Home Care Becoming Key Investment Area
BDO recently released the results of their 2021 Healthcare CFO Outlook Survey with responses regarding the health care industry outlook from 100 CFOs at health care organizations in the US.
By: Catie Hillard
January 11, 2021 – BDO, an accounting, tax, financial advisory, and consulting organization based in Chicago, recently released the results of their 2021 Healthcare CFO Outlook Survey. This survey includes responses regarding the health care industry outlook from 100 CFOs at health care organizations in the U.S. with revenues between $250 million to $3 billion.
Key findings show:
· 44% believe the pandemic accelerated digital transformation
· 29% believe the pandemic will accelerate the shift to value-based care
· 66% expect economic recovery in 2021 after the COVID-19 pandemic
In terms of areas of investment in 2021 and beyond, the study showed:
· 77% see primary care as a priority investment
· 61% see post-acute residential care as a priority investment
· 59% see home care as a priority investment
· 58% see ambulatory service centers as a priority investment
· 56% see elder care as a priority investment
· 54% see virtual health as a priority investment
· 50% see behavioral health as a priority investment
The VBP Blog is a comprehensive resource for all things related to value-based payments. We provide up to date news, informative webinars, and relevant blogs in the VBP sphere to help your organization find success.
Get even more VBP insights on LinkedIn & Twitter
Subscribe here to receive the blogs straight to your inbox
More Trending Topics:
Explore CMS’s new proposals to regulate agent compensation in Medicare Advantage and improve access to behavioral healthcare, aiming for a more equitable healthcare environment.
Explore the detailed implications of the CMS’s 2024 home health payment rule and its effects on home health agencies and patient care. Understand the critical role of home health care in ensuring patient independence and health outcomes.
Recent findings spotlight the link between recovery settings and hospital readmission rates following hip replacement procedures.
Discover how states are bolstering Medicaid payment rates and education programs to mitigate home healthcare staff shortages and improve service delivery.
Dive into California’s innovative CalAIM initiative, exploring its transformative approach to behavioral health, and uncover the early lessons guiding its forward trajectory.
Explore the transformative impact of Value-Based Payment in Managed Long-Term Services and Supports, with a special focus on New York’s pioneering efforts.